Transforming lives for the better
In-home care transforms lives for the better, but when you’re just starting to consider the idea it can all seem bewildering. Your head is probably spinning with questions: how does home care work? Can we afford all this? How do we know which company to choose?
So we hope you’ll find the answers you need here. Then you can make informed decisions.
You’ll find explanations of all the key areas below, but if you still have questions or would rather talk it through with a real person then call the friendly advisors on our helpdesk on 03333444880
In-home care services tailored to your specific needs
When we started Nobilis Care, we looked at the poor quality service provided by many agencies, and decided to be very, very different. Most agencies we reviewed provided extremely basic services – feeding, washing and light housework. We were determined to go beyond what we felt were the minimum levels of service expected and deserved by our clients.
We do this in two ways:
- By specialising in specific “condition areas”, such as Dementia Services, Parkinson’s Disease, Post Stroke and Palliative Care.
- By investing in the best staff and their continued training and development.
Our approach has enabled us to offer the most comprehensive and high quality service, tailored to our clients’ needs. You may be looking for high quality but low level assistance, perhaps while your loved one gets used to the idea of having some help. Or instead you could require a more heavily involved service, working closely alongside doctors and district nurses for support with serious medical conditions,
Nobilis have a made commitment to giving you the care and support you need.
Our services at a glance:
Home care is sometimes called domiciliary care or home help. It is when a support worker visits you or someone you care for in their own home to give them help and support with their daily tasks.
Domiciliary care can involve all manner of activities including:
- Meal preparation
- Collection of pension
- Paying of bills
- Helping you to stay in touch with friends
We’re here to help support your independence in your own home.
We work hard to match the right care staff to best support each client and all our care staff will take care of your personal care needs with kindness, dignity and respect.
Personal care can include :-
- Dressing and undressing
- Shaving and other grooming duties
- Changing/emptying catheter bags
- Anything else that involves a more hands-on approach
We can provide as much or as little support as you need. Our care staff can pop in for just half an hour once a day. Or we can make regular morning and evening calls to help you up in the morning and to bed at night. Maybe you need longer weekend calls to provide respite to your main carer.
Whatever your circumstances, we can provide the support you need, for as long as you need it.
Specific Medical Needs
Whilst we do not employ registered nurses, many of our support workers have come from a nursing background and by working very closely with doctors and district nurses we can support clients with serious or specific medical conditions.
- Help with medication
- Peg feeding
- Buccal Midazolam
Whether you have a condition that requires specific care, wish to be discharged from hospital early, are recuperating after a major operation or accident, or simply could do with the help an experienced support worker, Nobilis offers the specialist care you are looking for.
Condition specialities include:
In addition, we are one of only 15 agencies commissioned by Hampshire County Council to provide support services for children with disabilities.
Finally, we have introduced the Nobilis concierge service as an adjunct to our in-home care services which will support families through organisational and administrative tasks.
In-home care enables people to live independently
In-home care enables people with frailties to live independently in the home they know and love. Whether their needs are straightforward and short-term or complex and permanent, quality homecare will ensure they feel safe, confident and fully supported. This brings peace of mind to both them and their families.
Our starting point is always the person, never a medical condition. Each individual has different needs and wishes, and we start by asking, “What can we do to improve this person’s life?”
Nevertheless, our carers are fully trained in dealing with the specific demands of a wide range of conditions over and above the typical needs of elderly and frail people, such as:
- People discharged from hospital who need to recuperate
- Major conditions, such as Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy
- Post-stroke care
- Learning disabilities
- Palliative care
We work in close co-operation with you, your family and, where necessary, medical professionals to ensure your loved one receives all the care and support they need to live a contented, comfortable life.
How will home carers help?
We make a point of stressing how Nobilis will undertake any reasonable task in order to improve a client’s quality of life. But when you’re first investigating in-home care it can be difficult to imagine what carers might do to help, so here’s a typical selection, from which you would choose as much or as little as needed:
- Personal care. This is at the heart of our work. We help with washing, dressing, hair and make-up. Many people suffer continence problems and we deal with this in a sensitive way. Whichever aspects of personal care are now a struggle, we take care of them so your loved one feels good about themselves.
- Home care. Being truly independent in the home means household tasks being dealt with. We’ll cook, clean, tidy and wash, keeping everything just as it should be. From shopping and laundry to rubbish and recycling, we’ll handle it all – even looking after the dog!
- Home management. As well as physical jobs around the house, we also help deal with running it. We’ll handle appointments, pay the bills and keep a look-out for any repairs which need to be done.
- Boosting confidence. Sometimes people can actually do things for themselves, but they’ve lost the confidence to do them on their own. Maybe they’ve had a fall or a prolonged hospital stay. Whatever the reason we’ll be there for support and encouragement – often just for a while until confidence returns.
Remember, these are only the most common jobs we do – we’re barely scratching the surface! With premier in-home care services you’re the one who decides what homecare means and we create a personalised care plan tailored to your loved one’s needs. And that’s why for every client there’s one final bullet point:
- Companionship. One of the greatest benefits of in-home care isn’t a task at all, and our carers never think of it as such. It’s about being a friend to people who often feel lonely, isolated or depressed about the physical or mental problems they face. We’re determined not just to carry out tasks, but to improve quality of life through laughter, reminiscence and simple good companionship. Because we care to make a difference.
So if you decide in-home care could be the right option for your loved one, we’d love to help.
I wanted to thank you all once again for the excellent service you provided us at a time of crisis for our mother. Your agency shone out with compassion and capability compared with everyone else we were talking to at the time and I would have no hesitation in recommending you as outstanding in your service.
We tried very hard to keep mum out of a nursing home for as long as possible and a very large part of the credit goes to the girls at Nobilis
Mum didn't really like the idea of having support but she is actually very happy with the way things are going at the moment. Having a key worker is very important so that she sees a familiar face every day instead of seeing different people all the time
I have used several agencies, all have different standards. Nobilis is at the top of the list (Very Good!). The standard of care is high, they do this job because they want to, not because they cant get anything else. Keep it up! Nobilis is flexible (ie take me shopping, swimming etc), caring and importantly intelligent high standard staff
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the very efficient way your company has provided care, and for the very high standard of carers. Everyone has been pleasant, cheerful and efficient and I would ask you to pass on our grateful thanks to all who have been involved